Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Feeding herself - review of the OXO Tot Fork and Spoon Set

We have recently started solid foods with our daughter, and she is loving it! I really like the fork and spoon set that she received at her baby shower, so I thought I would do a quick review and show you why these utensils are so darn cool!

First of all, the fork can stab food, but it isn't sharp. All of the edges are rounded. I don't know how this is possible, but it is. I have never seen a functional and rounded baby fork before! Most baby forks I have seen are basically sporks that can't stab anything more solid than yogurt. The fork can scoop adequately too.

The next cool feature is the shape of the handle. It is curved so your toddler can easily pick it up herself! In fact, as I was trying to catch a picture, my daughter kept snatching them off her tray!






The top of the handle is hard white plastic. The bottom side of the handle is a non-skid material, and it has a flat spot to keep the spoon or fork from rolling as baby grabs it. I also like the fact that the handle is straight like a real fork and not curved.


The spoon is equally awesome with the same handle and a scoop end that is deep enough to hold food but not so deep that she can't get the food into her mouth.


These fork and spoon sets sell for $6.99 prime on amazon.com and they come in pink, green, orange, and aqua. We have the pink ones now and the aqua set on the way! I am so excited about this set that I ordered the plates that go with them, so I'll be reviewing those once we've used them a bit! 
her first week eating solid foods, and already using a spoon herself!
It did go into her mouth properly, but I didn't catch a picture!
It is important to note that I did not receive any products
or compensation from the OXO company. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment