Thursday, February 7, 2013

When the baby knocks your coffee over onto the rug...Review of Bac-Out Stain and Odor Remover by Biokleen

My husband came home from an early Saturday morning excursion and brought a rare treat home: coffee with a little bit of hot chocolate in it! Before indulging in his coffee, he decided to play with our daughter for a few minutes on the living room floor. However, one thing led to another and as I was getting myself ready for the day I heard "Wait!.... Too late... Babe?" and then the baby crying.When I arrived on the scene he was blotting with paper towels. I got a wet rag and used that. The floor was still very stained and I was sure it would be permanent...on the living room floor. Awesome. My daughter plays on that rug every day and it is the first thing you see when you walk through the front door. I don't have any carpet cleaner on hand because I can't handle the fumes. Then I remembered this stuff I had bought a while back for cleaning yeast from thrush out of cloth diapers. It also had worked really well for cleaning spit-up off furniture. It is called "Bac-Out Stain and Odor Remover" and it claims that the live enzymes it contains will clean diapers and animal and food stains, among other things. This liquid smells fresh like limes. The caption about it on the Biokleen website states:

Bac-Out’s live enzyme-producing cultures attack pet, food and beverage stains, organic waste, and odors until they are gone, digesting them back to nature, safely and naturally. Bac-Out is safe to use around children and pets, even birds.
• Lime Peel Extract cleaning power
• Destroys the toughest odors so they are gone for good
• Preferred by commercial carpet cleaners nationwide
To treat carpet stains, the bottle says to pour the Bac-Out on the stain until saturated, let it sit for five minutes or more and then blot it with a rag. It says you can repeat the process if necessary. The picture at the top of this page shows the stain on the rug after blotting up the Bac-Out (which I had actually previously diluted with water because I was afraid I would run out and the baby was spitting up everywhere). I admit, I was still a little skeptical. After a day of drying, I could no longer find the stain. The picture below shows the same rug. I know it is the same general region as the stain but I can't say for sure where it was exactly, since there is no remaining discoloration to be found! Why use harsh chemical cleaners when there is a natural alternative that is safe, effective, and smells good?!
 Biokleen also makes many other products that also clean naturally and effectively. I bought our Bac-Out at the health food store for around $9. It is also available from several retailers online for a few dollars less. I highly recommend this product, and I plan to keep it stocked in my cupboards for events such as this!
 
 
It is important to note that I bought the Bac-Out cleaner myself, and that I am in no way affiliated or compensated by the Biokleen company. My opinions and experiences are my own. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment